Of course we made good use of new rules and visited the pastry shop one afternoon...
For that we needed to empty the anchor locker and we found something that looked like a wasps nest, but it was already empty.
Because that's where we are heading. With all the uncertainties and slow development we decided to head East and not West. We've paid marina till next Monday and then we are just waiting for favourable weather and sail first to Madeira, rest on anchor for a day or two, and then on to Gibraltar and into Mediterranean. We won't be allowed on land in Madeira, although we would like to do some sight seeing, but Portuguese borders are still closed. Maybe some other time. We'll stop in Gibraltar to fuel up and maybe get some food, if we're allowed on land. It is not clear yet if we'll be allowed to go on land anywhere else in Spain, maybe by the time we get to Almerimar or Cartagena in couple of weeks, situation will be more normal than now. And we hope that Italy and Greece open up as well by summer and we'll be able to do some cruising in Sardinia, South Italy and in Greece. But, for now these are just speculations and as a wise man once said: plans are made to be changed.
Still, in next week we're stocking up the boat with food, so we don't have to go hungry if we can't go shopping while on our way. We're excited because we have a plan! I'm not looking forward to sail for a week into the wind and waves to get to Gibraltar, and even from there it's a long way to Greece or even home, but at least something is happening. And that's already better than to sit here in frustration.