We plan to go from mainland Greece back to Zakynthos and tomorrow to Italy. Somewhere close to Messina straigth.
We will have no phone signal for the next couple of days, but we might post our geographical location from sat phone.
Weather forecast is OK, but as they say: in Greece you either have no wind at all or too much wind and when you have it, it is on the nose. W, NW to NNW is forecast for the next few days, our route is W to NWW, so we facing some beating again.
We tried gennaker yesterday and it was a lot of fun until we had to switch to 95% flok again.
The small sail is ideal for heavier winds. Unfortunately we would need to sheet it further forward then we can. It is reasonably OK, but I can not get the shape I wanted. I might need to rig some attachment point forward of genoa track.
After the passage we plan to explore Italy a little - Sicily and Sardinia. As we are mostly alone and there are cheap plane tickets to those places from Venice friends are welcome to do some holiday with us.
Current plan is: get to Sicily on August 2 or 3, spend some time there and be on Sardinia in Cagliari arround 15 of August, leaving Sardinia by end of month from Alghera.
Bye for now.